Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Devour - Shinedown

I lay down to sleep about midnight, but kept waking up through the night – either I was too cold or too hot. The pizza wasn’t sitting well either. At 3 AM, I decided to get into my turkey sandwich, even though I wasn’t feeling hungry, hoping it would settle down my stomach. Even though it was soggy, the lettuce was wilted, and the tomato was under-ripe, I don’t know if anything ever tasted so good as that sandwich did at that time.

I woke up at 7:20, stiff as a board, and headed down for the hotel’s breakfast, and was immediately overjoyed at the smell of bacon and eggs. Delicious! But I was quickly discovering that even though I was hungry often, I couldn’t eat much before I was full.

It was hard work getting my bike boxed up and out for shipment – I felt out of breath every time I moved. I packed my gear and headed for the airport. I walked past the Wendy’s counter and didn’t hesitate to buy a double cheeseburger with bacon. Again, delicious, but I could only eat half the meal before I was again stuffed.

The ride home wasn’t bad, but I was so sore that it was impossible to get comfortable. I dozed a little bit, but it was impossible to get any real rest. Not good, since I had a court hearing the next morning.

Monday night it was next to impossible to sleep, either because I hurt everywhere or because I was going over the case in my head. I got hungry every hour and a half. I weighed myself when I got home, and had lost 5 points of body fat and about 7 pounds.

No comments: